232-ATSC 4 HDTV Tuner
The 232-ATSC 4 HDTV Tuner, our 4th-generation HDTV tuner, adds new capabilities to the industry-standard 232-ATSC series. New features include tuning MPEG-4 programs, up to 1080p output, and more efficient operation. The new tuner is fully compatible the previous 232-ATSC+1 tuner for control, operation, and rack mounting.
The integrator-friendly HDTV tuner is controllable with 2-way RS-232 and IP Telnet, as well as wireless and wired IR commands. An onboard Web page enables remote Web control. A new menu-driven display simplifies setup, and a front-panel USB port makes firmware updates a snap. The new compact enclosure allows mounting of two tuners in a single rack space.
A universal TV tuner, the 232-ATSC 4 can receive both analog and digital MPEG-2/MPEG-4 channels, in ATSC, NTSC, and clear QAM formats. Using an optional RF switcher, the tuner can switch between antenna and cable feeds.
- Tunes analog and digital channels in ATSC, NTSC, and clear QAM formats
- Accepts MPEG-4 TV channels, as well as standard MPEG-2
- Scales video output from 480p to 1080p
- Simulcasts from HDMI and composite video ports, as well as stereo, and digital coax and TOSlink optical audio ports
- Switches to RGBHV or Component output from front-panel settings, Web page or control commands
- Dolby® 5.1 or PCM/Variable PCM digital audio formats for digital audio ports and HDMI
- Front-panel text and on-screen menus for tuner setup
- Web pages for remote setup and control
- Supports dual Air/Cable tuning with optional RF switch
- Analog and digital closed captioning
- Internal scaler displays channels at selected resolution
- Rack-mountable two across in 1RU
- Full ASCII 2-way RS-232/USB commands, AMX, Crestron, and RTI modules available, discrete IR commands
- RS-232 can be daisy-chained to control up to 9 tuners from a single RS-232 port, or control any number of tuners via IP
- Front-panel USB port for control firmware and rear USB for HD processor updates via a memory stick
- Meets RoHS and California energy-saving standards
- Includes HD2-RC IR remote and 12 VDC power supply, when needed, also available with 6A 12 VDC supply that drives up to 4 tuners
- Options for single and dual rack mounts, external RF-AB RF switch